BIO-OIL & SCARS: Bio‑Oil is clinically proven to help improve the appearance of new or old scars, whether from surgery, accidents, burns, insect bites, scratches or conditions such as acne or chickenpox. Although younger scars will have a greater chance of improvement, studies have shown that older scars also benefit from regular use of Bio-Oil.
BENEFITS OF BIO-OIL:
- Helps improve the appearance of new and old scars
- Helps reduce the possibility of stretch marks forming during teenage growth spurts, pregnancy, and periods of rapid weight gain
- Helps improve the appearance of existing stretch marks
- Helps improve the appearance of pigmentation marks and blemishes caused by hormonal fluctuations, skin lighteners or excessive sun exposure
- Helps smooth and tone aging and wrinkled skin
- Helps supplement the skin’s natural oils which can be stripped away by extreme weather, frequent bathing and the drying effects of central heating and air conditioning
BIO-OIL INGREDIENTS: The Bio-Oil formulation is a combination of plant extracts and vitamins suspended in an oil base. Oil, being oxygen-free, allows the plant extracts and vitamins to retain their potency, thus maximizing their effectiveness.
- Vitamin A: Promotes the formation of new collagen and assists in skin renewal, helping to increase elasticity and improve skin’s texture and tone.
- Vitamin E: Assists in the maintenance of healthy-looking skin, protecting it from the effects of free radicals which cause skin damage and premature aging. Vitamin E also increases the moisture content of the epidermis, making the skin soft, smooth and supple.
- Calendula Oil: Has cell regenerative effects to treat sensitive, damaged or sunburned skin. It reduces inflammation and can be used to combat minor skin infections, rashes and superficial irritation.
- Lavender Oil: Known to have skin conditioning properties, lavender oil provides a calming and soothing benefit and is also a natural antiseptic.
- Rosemary Oil: Helps to invigorate and condition the skin, it also has soothing properties and mild antiseptic effects.
- Chamomile Oil: An anti-inflammatory, providing soothing and calming benefits to the skin, and is particularly beneficial for sensitive skin.
- PurCellin Oil™: Reduces the thickness of the formulation, improving smoothness and ease of application, making Bio-Oil readily absorbed by the skin. It also acts as an emollient, leaving the skin soft, smooth and supple.