Escentia Moringa Kernel Oil 100ml
Moringa Kernel Oil
Moringa oil is extracted from the seeds of Moringa oleifera, also known as the Drumstick tree. Moringa oil has got a special name, it is Ben oil. It is called so because it has high amounts of behenic acid. Moringa oil has been mentioned as a very useful oil in the medicinal books of Greece and Rome. Even today, this oil is used for a number of industrial applications. It is great for topical use on the skin and the hair. It is also a nice cooking oil with a soft, appealing taste.
Moringa oil is also known as Ben Oil, Behen Oil.
Moringa oil exerts many therapeutic properties because of its unique nutrition.
- Antioxidant– Ben oil has strong antioxidant capacity.
- Anti-inflammatory– The oil reduces inflammation both topically and internally.
- Anti-aging– The oil provides nutrition to our skin and relieves aging signs.
- Anti-microbial– It is traditionally used in Sudan to purify water and is shown to reduce bacterial counts.
- Disinfectant– can be used to treat wounds.
- Carrier– It is excellent carrier oil for aromatic compounds.
- Hepatoprotective– Moringa oil protects the liver from damage.
- Emollient– Moringa oil is a great moisturizer for the skin.
- Preservative– This oil resists rancidity and also used as preservative in certain products.
- Exfoliant– drives away dead skin cells.
- Effleurage– Moringa oil absorbs the aroma of essential oils and other fragrant compounds like herbs, nuts, seeds, spices and chemicals. This makes it the perfect perfume base.
Benefits of Moringa Kernel Oil
Moringa seed oil offers many health benefits when used on the skin and also when taken internally.
- Excellent Moisturiser
Ben oil is one of the best moisturisers for the skin. It should be applied to the skin as a massage oil. It imparts glow to the skin and makes it well moisturized, but not too oiled. This oil is absorbed well into the skin, making it a nice ingredient in many home made cosmetic products. This brilliant moisturisation effects is because of very high amount of omega- 9 fatty acid ( oleic acid ) in moringa oil. It also makes the skin quite smooth, because of the behenic acid in it. Behenic acid is used in many products for its ability to smooth the skin and condition hair. This oil slips easily on the skin and spreads well.
- Other Benefits for Skin
Besides moisturization, moringa oil can do a lot more for your skin.
- Moringa oil pacifies dry skin. It is helpful in dry, irritated skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Acne – Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, moringa seed oil can be used as a spot treatment for acne. It also aids the body in healing acne scars.
- It adds gloss to the skin, which may be needed sometimes, especially when the weather is dry.
- It can be applied over scars left behind by wounds, scrapes, bruises and burns. Moringa oil mixed with tamanu oil is a powerful scar diminishing formula.
- Fungal infections – Moringa oil can deal with certain fungal infections because it contains anti-fungal activity. One can use it on ringworm, athlete’s foot and jock itch.
- Anti-Aging – Regular application of moringa oil reduces the striking appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the skin It can be combined with an astringent product like aloe vera or witch hazel to make saggy skin taut.
3. Moringa Oil for Hair
It is just as good for the hair as it is for the skin. Moringa oil is a powerful hair conditioner. It should be used as a hot oil conditioner to deal with nearly any hair related problem. The hot oil treatment leaves the hair well moisturized, the hair roots are nourished, dandruff is washed out and there is much less irritation on the scalp. The best result is the conditioning. Hair is manageable and can be combed nicely. It adds shine or gloss to the hair, making them look beautiful. This effect is because of behenic acid in acid. Moringa oil also strengthens hair roots and as such can help with hair loss. It nourishes weak, damaged hair and reduces the lifelessness in them.