What to use HydraChoice™ for:
HydraChoice™ is a formulation with probiotics and electrolytes. HydraChoice™ is intended to aid in the process of fluid and electrolyte replacement associated with conditions where these elements are lost. In addition, it may help to restore the natural balance of intestinal flora in these conditions.
How much HydraChoice™ do I need:
Cut the sachet along the dotted line and empty the contents of the sachet into a glass and fill the glass with 250ml of plain, clean water. Stir for 5 seconds to dissolve. Do not use warm or boiling water. Boiled water must be cooled down before use. Any unused solution must be discarded.
• HydraChoice™ is suitable for use by children 1 year and older.
• Give 50 – 250 ml reconstituted HyrdaChoice™ after each bowel action and/or enough to quench thirst. May also be given as smaller amounts more frequently if large amounts are not tolerated.
• In addition, give the child plain, clean water to drink.
• If applicable, breast-feeding should continue as normal.
• If the child vomits, wait 5 minutes and replace lost fluid in smaller volumes, but more frequently.
• If the child is hungry, give small amounts of food often.
• Oedematous (puffy) eyelids are a sign of over-hydration. If this occurs, stop giving HyraChoice™ solution. Continue to give breastmilk or plain, clean water, and food. Consult a physician immediately.
• The solution should be given to infants and young children using a clean spoon or cup. Feeding bottles should not be used. For babies of 1 year and older, a dropper or syringe (without the needle) can be used to put small amounts of solution into the mouth. Children under 2 years of age should be offered a teaspoon every 12 minutes; older children may take frequent sips directly from the cup.
• Give 250 ml of reconstituted HydraChoice™ after each bowel action and/or enough to quench thirst. May also be given as smaller amounts more frequently if large amounts are not tolerated.
• In addition drink plain, clean water.
• In the event of vomiting, wait 5 minutes and replace lost fluid in smaller volumes more frequently.
• Adults may take frequent sips directly from the cup.
Each HydraChoice™ sachet contains:
Composition of probiotics
|20 x 109 CFU||L. acidophilus|
|1 x 109 CFU||L. rhamnosus GG, LGG®|
Composition of electrolytes
|3.375 g||Glucose, anhydrous|
|0.65 g||Sodium chloride|
|0.375 g||Potassium chloride|
CFU – Colony Forming Units at time of manufacture.
Other ingredients: artificial sweetners and flavourants (creme soda, naartje or tropical fruit)