Medford Prosta Script
Supports Prostate health and is indicated for the prevention and treatment of Benign Prostatic Enlargement. Can help decrease bladder symptoms such as urgency, frequency, reduced urinary flow and nighttime urgency.
The beneficial effects of Saw Palmetto, extend further than just the treatment of enlarged prostate, Saw Palmetto also relaxes the smooth muscle at the bladder outlet thereby preventing the urinary urgency and frequent urination that occurs in enlarged prostate patients.
This synergistic formula acts at each of these levels to diminish these changes.
• Support for healthy prostate function.
• Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH) support.
• Assists in decreasing the urinary frequency associated with Prostate enlargement.
• Improves libido.
• May reduce male pattern balding.
• May reduce acne and skin breakouts associated with hormonal imbalances in testosterone
When putting together a prostate formula that really works, we have to look at the triggers of prostate disorders and work backwards from there.
With age the following may occur in men:
• Levels of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) increase therefore making less unbound or free testosterone available (ie free testosterone levels decrease). SHBG also binds to prostate cells causing enlargement. The roots of Stinging Nettle contain extracts known as lignans which bind to sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) thereby diminishing SHBG’s negative effects.
• Levels of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) increase and binding of DHT to prostate tissue increases. DHT stimulates prostate cells to enlarge which is a leading contributor of benign prostatic hypertrophy. The enzyme, 5- alpha reductase, converts testoster- one into DHT. Saw Palmetto, Pygeum, Beta-Sitosterol and Zinc are all 5-alpha reductase inhibitors. Saw palmetto and Stinging Nettle also inhibit the binding of DHT to prostate cellular receptors, thus preventing the growth effects of the hormone.
• Levels of estradiol increase. Nettle Root is an aromatase enzyme inhibitor. The aromatase enzyme catalyzes the conversion of testosterone to estradiol, which is a key underlying factor in the progression of enlarged prostate.
• Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) activity increases (this has been implicated in enlarged prostate). Saw Palmetto and Nettle Root reduces the activity of EGF in the Prostate.
• Free radical activity and inflammation increases. Beta Sitosterol inhibits prostaglandin sythesis in the prostate and thus has anti-inflammatory activity, with some preliminary evidence showing it may have anticancer and immune stimulatory effects. Lycopene provides antioxidant protection for the prostate against prostate cancer. Reishi Mushrooms provide antioxidant protection, and stimulate the general function of the immune system due to their Beta-D-Glucan, Ganoderic Acid & Polysaccharide content.
Take 1 capsule 2 to 3 times a day or as prescribed by your doctor.