Sfera Deer Velvet
Deer velvet, also referred to as antler velvet, refers to antlers that have been removed in the growth stage when they are covered in soft velvet-like hair. These antlers are dried and the ground powder is sold as a dietary supplement in Western countries to purportedly improve sexual function and overall energy, decrease stress, and strengthen the body.
According to secondary sources, in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) deer velvet has been used as a yang tonic to regulate the endocrine system and alter energy metabolism, growth, the immune system, and sexual function.
Deer Velvet uses:
- Orally, Deer Velvet is used to boost strength and endurance
- Muscle aches and pains
- Increase mental clarity
- Treat sexual dysfunction and impotence
- Boos oestrogen and testosterone levels
- Counter the effects of stress
- Improve immune system functioning, and to promote rapid recovery from illness.
- Improve fertility, for menstrual and menopause problems, to reduce hormone replacement therapy dose.
- Reduce cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Anticancer and anti-inflammatory properties
- Source of growth factors (IGR-1 and IGF-2)
- Tonic for children with failure to thrive, mental retardation, learning disabilities, insufficient growth, or skeletal deformities including rickets.
- Used at the onset of winter to ward off infections.
- Improve athletic performance and injuries.
- Reduce the effects of ageing
Mechanism of action
By weight, deer velvet is approximately 50% amino acids. (5502) Deer velvet also contains vitamin A, estrone and estradiol, sphingomeylin, ganglioside, some prostaglandins and epidermal growth factor. (5518) Deer velvet is believed to stimulate the growth of body tissues, particularly the reticuloendothelial cells and leukocytes. It also appears to stimulate wound healing.
Deer velvet seems to reduce fatigue by improving sleep and stimulating appetite. It is believed to improve health, especially in children and the elderly. (5502).
Preliminary evidence suggest that athletes taking deer velvet experience increased muscular strength and endurance in training. They also seem to recover faster from muscle tissue damage that results from exercise.(5505)
PLEASE NOTE: Sfera Deer Velvet is imported from New Zealand where there is a big deer industry and very strict regulations for harvesting the antler velvet. The process is cruelty free and the animals are not harmed in any way. The raw material is also tested by the NZ food and safety regulatory body for any pathogens.