True Food Turmeric Powder 200g
Truefood Turmeric powder is NON GMO and exceptionally beneficial for health and well-being, it is considered to be a superfood due to its curcumin content which has shown to be beneficial for a range of conditions.
- High in curcumin that is an antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties
- Rich in iron and B6, components of hemoglobin that carry oxygen from our blood to our lungs
- High in Manganese that is crucial for a range of functions within the body including blood sugar regulation and calcium absorption
- Rich in potassium that is crucial for heart function and plays a key role in skeletal and smooth muscle contraction
- High in vitamic C that aids with immunity along with the development, growth and repair of body tissues
Product of India – Packed in South Africa
More about Turmeric
Turmeric, previously referred to as Indian Saffron because of its colour, is a powerful herb that has been used in India and Indonesia for thousands of years as a textile dye, spice and for medicinal purposes.
It contains bio active compounds called curcuminoids. One of which that gives the spice its yellow colour and has gained popularity for anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties, is curcumin.
It is noted as an effective alternative to pharmaceuticals for a range of ailments such as depression, alzheimer’s, arthritis, heartburn, stomach ulcers, multiple sclerosis, inflammatory bowel disease, cystic fibrosis, fatigue and viral infections. Further to reducing risk of childhood leukemia and lowering cholesterol levels.
The spice improves the livers function and assists in its ability to clear LDL (bad cholesterol) an increase HDL (good cholesterol) levels in the body along with providing cardiovascular protection by preventing oxidization of cholesterol.
External uses include applying Turmeric to bruises, sprains and swelling and also fungal infections like ringworm.
A great source of Iron and Manganese in addition to providing B6, Potassium and dietary fibre.
Truefood is a division of Absolute Organix, established in 2012 the brand developed and continues to supply superior cold-pressed oils from extra-virgin nectars that grow in South African soils. The range has grown to include ‘super food’ powders like Maca root, ‘miracle seeds’ like Chia and Flaxmeal for quick preparation and easy digestion of Flax seeds.
Truefood makes a simple promise: wholesome, “clean” foods sourced from quality suppliers and offered at fair prices. The range is expanding rapidly, so look out for fresh additions.