A Vogel Echinaforce 100ml
Echinaforce is a herbal remedy used for the symptomatic relief of colds, influenza type infections and similar upper respiratory tract conditions.
It helps the body fight the symptoms of these infections by supporting the immune system, helping to maintain the body’s resistance.
Benefits and features of Echinaforce
- Helps fight the misery of colds and flu
- Strengthens the immune system
- Made from Echinacea purpurea
- Fresh herb extract
Echinaforce is produced using extracts of freshly harvested, organically grown Echinacea purpurea herb and root, picked fresh and used within 24 hours of harvest. The benefit of using freshly harvested herbs has been demonstrated in research – extracts produced from fresh plants contain almost 3 times more active substances compared with those obtained from equivalent amounts of dried herb*.
This is why, when you need a herbal remedy to help you fight the misery of colds and flu, not all Echinaceas are the same.
Echinaforce is a herbal remedy made from fresh extracts of Echinacea purpurea herb (95%) and Echinacea purpurea root (5%). It is available as drops (tincture in 30ml, 50ml & 100ml bottles) and as tablets (60 & 120 tablets):
- Echinaforce Echinacea Drops: This is the original Echinacea extract formulated by Alfred Vogel and contains the tinctures of Echinacea purpurea herb and root. 0.6ml drops contains the equivalent of 285mg whole fresh plant. Also contains 65%v/v ethanol.
- Echinaforce Echinacea Tablets: This is the tabletted version of Echinaforce® Echinacea Drops. Each tablet contains the extract of Echinacea purpurea herb and root equivalent to 270mg whole fresh plant. Also contains lactose, starch, magnesium stearate.
Echinacea is a plant native to America but is now cultivated extensively in Europe. The plants used to produce Echinaforce® are cultivated organically in Switzerland at our own herb farms.
Up to 10 species of Echinacea have been identified, but only three (Echinacea purpurea, Echinacea angustifolia and Echinacea pallida) are used medicinally. Echinacea purpurea, the species used in Echinaforce®, is considered to be the most widely researched.
Dosage and directions
Adults: 20 drops of tincture in a small amount of water, once daily.
Children (from 4 years): One drop per year of age ie 5 drops for a 5 year old, 8 for an 8 year old, in a small amount of water, 2 to 3 times daily.
Adults: 20 drops in a small amount of water, 3 to 5 times daily
Children (from 4years): One drop per year of age, 3 times daily
Echinaforce® Echinacea drops and tablets are for oral use only. For external use of an Echinacea extract, please see our page on Echinacea cream.
Do not take more than the recommended dose. Taking too much (overdose) is unlikely to be harmful.