An amino acid precursor of co-enzyme A which supplies cellular energy to the mitochondria. It enhances brain function and helps protect the heart and liver. L-Carnitine helps facilitate weight loss. It also helps in the treatment of congestive heart failure, angina, heart attack recovery, blood vessel disease and hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland). It also improves sperm motility and function in men. Preliminary research shows that L-carnitine may be beneficial in treatment of ADD/ADHD, chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. SOLAL’s Carnitine contains the L-tartrate form of L-Carnitine, a stabilised and highly bioavailable form of L-Carnitine.
- Carnitine is beneficial in the following ways:
- It enhances brain function and helps protect the heart and liver
- Assists with muscle growth, weight loss and enhances ability
- Reduces mental and physical fatigue
- Aids in the treatment of congestive heart failure, angina, heart attack, heart-inflammation, blood vessel disease
- Aids with hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland)
- Improves sperm motility and function in men
- May be beneficial in the treatment of ADD/ADHD
- Benefits chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia sufferers
- Improves red blood count in those with end stage renal disease undergoing dialysis
- Cerebral ischemia
- May be beneficial in alcoholism
- Studies show promising results in the treatment of depression
- May reduce fasting blood sugar levels and increase insulin sensitivity in those with diabetes mellitus
- L-carnitine replenishment in AIDS patients
Each capsule contains the following as active ingredients:
(supplying 500mg L-carnitine)
Inactive ingredients: Hypromellose (cellulose) vegetarian capsule shell (gelatine free), microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate (vegetarian – flow agent), magnesium silicate, silicon dioxide and colloidal silicon dioxide. Contains plant extracts and natural fillers, with no colourants added – therefore the colour of the capsule contents may vary slightly from batch to batch.
Adults and children over 12 years of age: Take 1 capsule twice daily with or without meals. This dose should be increased to 2 capsules three times daily for weight loss, chronic fatigue states, exercise enhancement and to improve sperm motility in men. Children 7-12 years of age: Take 1 capsule daily. In cases of ADD/ADHD this dosage can be increased to 1 capsule in the morning and 1 at midday.